2023 Convention Program
The 2023 convention team is lining up a great program for our attendees — our aim is to assemble a schedule packed with informative, interesting and insightful presentations.
Our theme: To Boldly Go…
This year’s convention is dedicated to all those who risk their time, money and physical well-being to bring DX entities to our log books!
We look forward to a compelling inside-perspective from Bill Straw KO7SS, a member of this year’s challenging and adventurous 3Y0J Bouvet Island DXpedition.
Other presenters we’re excited about:
N0AX Ward Silver
Ward is lead editor of the two primary amateur radio technical references — the ARRL Handbook and the ARRL Antenna Book. He is the author of all three ARRL licensing study guides and writes QST magazine articles, receiving the QST Cover Plaque for most popular article four times. He enjoys DXing, contesting, building antennas, and participating on his local emergency communications team. Ward is a founder of the World Radiosport Team Championships and President of the YASME Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Al Rovner K7AR and Bob Norin W7YAQ — highlights from this year’s YJ0A DXpedition to Vanuatu
- Neil King VA7DX — various DXpedition highlights
- Keith Whitney VE7KW — DXpedition antenna choices… some good some not so good
- Adrian Stimpson VE7NZ — using software for HF Terrain Analysis and antenna positioning
- Dave Johnson VE7VR — Botswana 50 years later A25VR
- Lee Sawkins VE7CC — the amazingly flexible CC Cluster tool
Here’s an outline of the three days:
Friday, Aug. 11 — Day One
- 2 to 5 p.m. — Convention check-in
- 5 to 7 p.m. — Welcome Reception on the Sun Deck (hosted by Orca DX and Contest Club)
- 7 to 9 p.m. — Dinner on your own (many choices close by)
- 9 to midnight — Hospitality Suite (hosted by BCDXC and Orca DXCC)
Saturday, Aug. 12 — Day Two
- 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. — Convention check-in
- 8:45 a.m. — Welcome and opening remarks
- 9 to 12 noon — Scheduled programs
- 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. — Lunch on your own (many choices close by)
- 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. — Scheduled programs
- 5 to 7 p.m. — No-host bar open on the Sun Deck
- 7 p.m. — Buffet dinner (incl. great vegetarian options), after-dinner speaker and major prize draw
- 9:30 to midnight — Hospitality Suite (hosted by BCDXC and Orca DXCC)
Sunday, Aug. 13 — Day Three
- 8 to 9 a.m. — Buffet brunch
- 9 to 10 a.m. — Scheduled presentation
- 10 a.m. — Closing remarks, Sunday prize draw, and hand-off for PNW DX Convention 2024